- I have prepared an Arty Z7, miscroSD card with capacity of 8 GB or more, Ethernet connection (can assign the address by DHCP), micro USB power supply (the operating current was about 600-8,000 mA), and USB camera (if possible).
- Download the image file from the pynq page and write it to the microSD card.
- Connect the microSD card, Ethernet cable, USB camera, and then connect the power supply.
- Access “http://IP address:9090” in the browser. The initial password is xilinx. ssh also works, both username and initial password can be accessed with xilinx.
- Try the image processing in the tutorial, such as transfer to FPGA.
Troubles I encountered…
- The MAC address changes frequently after power cycles. It is difficult to assign fixed IP address by DHCP.
- Browser dependent. I have encountered an error message “Can not connect kernel” with Firefox. Safari is OK.
- My Arty Z7 board cannot accept power supply from the DC plug (7 - 15 V) now, although I was able to use DC plug at first. I tried to resolv the problem with a tester and the circuit diagram, and I found the DC plug part is short-circuited. However the input of DC regulator IC TLV62130RGT, which is divided into Vcc and GND with registers, is not short-circuited. I confused the situation. I think the DC plug itself is OK. Perhaps it might be short circuit of the main board at the DC plug part such as the case introduced in Japanese.
Published on 4th September 2018
Copyright © 2018 by Satoshi Takahashi. All rights reserved.
Use of a photo without permission is prohibited.